Tuesday, October 21, 2008

She is bound to come

Soon she will creep in like a thief in the night
Giving us a colorful warning
Long will be the dark and short the light
Leaving pink and yellow in mourning

She's been inhaling a breath that can blow sails
No one person could hear it
I know by the end of her strong exhale
We will beg her to quit

Skin crystal clear her clothes crisp and clean
She appears to be so sweet
Yet can make the strongest of trees lean
Her only enemy brings heat

Children will celebrate when she falls
And be glad to see her go
She travels in a slow and steady crawl
Making the land glow

When she sings you feel her mighty chill
Deep into your very center
With many names call her what you will
I will call her winter

4 comments:

Kristi Eileen said...

I LOVE winter:) Did you write this all my your lonesome?... Thanks for letting us keep Jude lastnight

Nicole said...

You don't want to know what I call her... I don't like winter so much. I have too many health issues that don't combine well with cold. Or maybe it's just cuz I spent so many years in the desert....fun post, Molly. Have you checked out my other? nicoleandtheKing.blogspot.com
check it.

Kristi Eileen said...

Nicole, you can call "her what I do. Lovely, beautiful, long awaited for etc, etc, etc...

Marylou said...

It is well written no matter what you two call her. I call her several different things, depending on how the arthritus is feeling on any given day....