Sunday, October 19, 2008

okay okay I'm blogging!

It is Sunday morning and I feel like I should be cleaning or cooking or waking people up but I know within thirty minutes I will wish I had these few minutes back. Today John, Isaac, Shane, and I are going to six flags. I'm very excited to spend some time just having fun with my hubby and eldest. I do however wonder how I will do being away from Jude all afternoon. I know he will survive without me, but will I without him? I know time away is badly needed especially when it comes to John and I. We are starting to talk baby talk to one another. There is nothing romantic in the words "do you want a backy wacky rubby wubby"!!! We are putting our house up for sale this week with hopes of making a little money to put into savings and move into my parents house. They bought a house with about 3 acres 10 minutes from here. Our new place will have 4 beds and 3 baths. John can't wait to go to the bathroom without hearing "Daddy I have to go so bad I can't hold it for one more second or I'm gonna make a lake on the floor". We all know how dramatic Grace can be. I'm more excited about being in my old neighborhood. It is familiar and comforting. The house is the first home we lived in with Dad (Warren my stepfather). He remodeled it and added on all on his own out of the love has for us and his desire to give Mom, Desi, and I our first real home where there would be no worries of sharing a bedroom with each other or having to run the oven with the door open because the baseboard heater keeps going out. Don't get me wrong we had plenty of good times in our 1 bedroom house on third, but we were destine for a new life with him. I will sit with my family in the same living room my parents and brother and I sat in to watch t.v. We will gather in the same kitchen and laugh together just like my childhood. I will sit on the edge of the bed in the same room my mom did and talk to my husband about our day the same way my parents did every night before bed. Call me sappy but it does bring a tear to my eye!! Well like Great Granny used to say " you can't look your Sunday best if you don't get off your hiney and get dressed!" xoxoxo got to go

4 comments:

Chandra said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I am so glad you have decided to come to the dark side. Sorry the Star Wars is just embedded in my little brain. It is everywhere I go. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Mandy said...

Sucker!

Kristi Eileen said...

This is too exciting you have a blog!

Marylou said...

Thank you my dear for joining us! And your story about moving into your childhood home brought a tear to my eye... great beginning!