Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Dad




Last night I received a frantic call from my mother that my Dad had passed out and she thought he was having a heart attack. I arrived at their house a few moments later to find him on the kitchen floor with paramedics attending to him. My heart was heavy with the memory of the same phone call and trip to the same house when my Grandpa Allen passed away in my arms. I was so relieved to see him awake and somewhat alert. He even managed to sneak some sense of humor into the moment. The EMT asked him to smile, so he could check his facial muscles. Dad told him to wait. He thought they were going to take his picture! The only thing we know as of today is he had some seizures we just don't know what caused them. Possibly a stroke but they will run more tests in the morning. Please keep him in your prayers. And if you are able to hug and kiss your parents please take the time to do it.

1 comment:

Marylou said...

We are indeed praying for Warren!!!